The Wheatsheaf stood at 14, Bethel Street.
It was one of the City's ancient public houses and was mentioned in the trial of Royalist rioters in 1648, when the Committee House was `blown up'. The license was surrendered in 1928.
George Plunkett's photo was taken in 1934 by which time the building had been takn over by Idolene Manufacturing Co , despite this the Wheatsheaf embossed on the wall is clearly visible. The building was destroyed c1936 as part of the new City Hall Development.