The Jenny Lind was situated at 20 Market Place, on the corner of Davey Place and Gentleman's Walk.
Licensed in the second half of the 19th century it took its name from the famous singer also known as the "Swedish Nightingale" who appeared in Norwich in 1847, 1849, 1856 and 1862. She was very popular and is still remembered for the money she bequeathed to a local children's hospital, since named after her. Before the Corruption and Illegal Practices Act of 1833 it was particularly busy during elections when candidates for Parliament threw money from the windows and bought voters beer & pies in a bid to gain popularity.
It was closed under compensation in 1924. This photo, reproduced by kind permission of the Norfolk Library and Information Service, was taken c1905.